Monday, March 21, 2011

A Knoya Kinda Day

Sunday came and off I went with the purpose to ascend Knoya Peak.  Knoya, is in the front range of the Chugach, easily visible from the East side of Anchorage and one that I gaze at on a daily basis driving home from work.  I've always wanted to explore this area, but for some reason I had never ventured to Knoya or any of the other valleys and peaks accessible from the Basher Road trailhead.

Accompanying Aaron Fetter, we set off at late morning with two dogs, blue skies and varied expectations.  We hiked the ridge up to the summit and descended the southern aspect towards the North Fork of Campbell Creek.  Where we skinned, bushwhacked, and hiked back to the trailhead.

 Late morning light

 


An area that begs my exploration

 
Enjoying the view from the summit

 
 and finally getting along.

No comments:

Post a Comment