Sunday, March 6, 2011

Good Tour, Bad Descent

I went out with my back country snowboarding partner, Sergei, today.  He came up for a few weeks from Portland, so we went to our usual hangout, Harp Mountain.

After a week of non-stop wind the week before last, we knew the conditions were going to be awful, but we wanted to get out anyway.  The wind hammered snow made it out to be a great tour on the low angle approach, but gaining the ridge at the higher angle and breakable wind slabs reminded us that the conditions were not ideal.

The descent was brutal, but fun (I've yet to have a descent that isn't).  After the first turn, trying to get an edge in was unsuccessful and sent me on my backside sliding down the first 30 yards.  Just when I thought I was getting close to becoming a pro rider, the run shattered my ego.

Here's a couple pictures I got of Sergei on his descent:


No comments:

Post a Comment